Pages

January 19, 2014

The Forgotten Room



Do you ever have dreams that just stick with you? I usually remember my dreams, but this particular one stuck with me all day.

I was commissioned to go to outer space because I was a scientist and they needed my expertise (thanks Gravity and Big Bang Theory). A group of lady scientists were in the rocket and it went off, but it didn't make it all the way. Instead, it landed in the ocean.

I was in the bathroom of my parents house playing with a nail in the wall, being a little depressed that I didn't make it to outer space. I managed to keep moving the nail until there was a giant hole. I look through the hole and there is this room. The hole turns into a door so I went into the room. It had a fireplace, a couch, a refrigerator, a pool table and a ping-pong table. My dad acted like he didn't know this room existed but in my mind, I knew he did. When I looked out the window, the house was in a neighborhood (my parents house is in the country) and we were right next to the Pflugerville park where a lot of people were riding their bikes.

Dreams have always fascinated me. They are your body's way of working things out. I looked up my dream and both the improvement of the house and gazing out the window signify me wanting to improve as a person. I hope that is always true. I do know that when I was a kid, I always thought it would be cool to find secret passages in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment