Pages

January 12, 2014

Day 365

Day 365



Last Tuesday, we finally took down Christmas. I always have a hard time putting it away, and this year seemed extra hard. I don't know if it was because I was admitting winter break is over, or if it was because Christmas was a little hard for my family. I have had five family members in the hospital all within a week. I live eight hours away from everybody, so I wasn't able to see any of them. Although it was an emotional roller coaster this holiday, I am thankful for all the support and prayers from my friends and church family.

We have started a tradition of sawing off the bottom of our Christmas tree to keep as a memory token. It has been a tradition of my family to go to a Christmas tree farm to cut down a tree. I was so excited that not only was my husband not allergic to Christmas trees,but he also was really into it. So now, I get to carry the tradition on to my new little family. We didn't get to go to a farm this year because it was too cold every time we had time, so we got one from our local grocery store.

I want to write a Christmas memory on the back of the stump, but I haven't decided. Maybe it will be about how Aaron and I stuffed our tree in the front seat of our car, or maybe we will mention all of the family members in the hospital. I think it is important to remember the difficult times in our lives, as well as the good.

Can anyone answer how long you can keep Christmas decorations up without being considered trashy?

No comments:

Post a Comment