Pages

October 21, 2013

Your Name is Now Dorothy (288-294)

Aaron pointed out that it has been six months since the church voted us in as music minister. Time sure has flown by.
Day 288



I just want to point out the fact that I drew the United States to review for geography and everyone, including my kids, knew what it was. Don't ask me to draw Texas.


Day 289



Today was national boss day, so we had a Mexican fiesta for my Hispanic boss. I made mocha con tres leches. I should have taken a picture of the kitchen. Cleaning up was a lot more work than actually making it. After I baked the cake, I had to poke holes all throughout the cake and than poured this milk/ coffee all over it. My cake turned out to be less flat and more dome shape so the coffee concoction spilled all over my stove. I am still finding spots I missed.

Day 290



I went to small group by myself because Aaron was in Abilene recording for Singing Men of West Texas. Afterwards Lucy helped me clean my house. What is up with animals and vacuum cleaners?

Day 291



The fourth grade invited us to watch their demonstration of how sound moves by putting a tray of cornstarch and water over a loud speaker. I wish I could show you the kids on here because one of the kids I had to crop out had a face of pure joy while he was watching it work. To better explain of what we were watching, here is an example on youtube:



Whenever Aaron got back into town, we turned around and drove to Midland to meet my brother and sister-in-law. It was my sister-in-law's high school reunion so they stayed with us in Seagraves. We were so excited to see them. It was really cold at the game, so we didn't last long. I did finally get my first pumpkin spice latte of the season, and it was heavenly.



Day 292



Today I was really wanting to make some kind of fall snack and I found this recipe for "scarecrow mix." I kept calling it "monkey" mix and I kept calling my great-aunt "Dorothy" instead of "Doris." I think this is a sign that I need to watch Wizard of Oz

Day 293



My brother and the only Fiat in West Texas drove back home to Round Rock today. He was not looking forward to that seven hour drive and I can't blame him. That's why we are overly-excited anytime we have visitors. It's rare someone has an excuse to come to this side of the world.

Day 294



We finally took Lucy on a walk. It was one day in a long time where we weren't too busy or it wasn't too cold or dark to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment