Pages

November 22, 2012

My Life is a Hallmark Movie

As promised a couple of weeks ago, I have a big announcement. No, I am not pregnant. And no, we have not found a church that will hire Aaron to be their music minister, yet. Ever since high school, I have been casually searching for my birth family online, mainly my mother and brother but I never came across anything. I talked about that in one of my blog-posts called "Passively Stalking." After I blogged that post, I decided to try searching for my aunts and uncles on my birth mother's side. I had that information because when I was born one of the nurses suspected I had Down-Syndrome; it was just an eye infection. I also knew my mother's last name because of that. I was searching on Facebook because there are nine siblings on my mother's side and chances are that one of them would have an account. I started with one of the brothers and saw that he has several Facebook friends with the same last name. I also noticed he had a mutual friend with me. I joked with Aaron that it would be funny if that mutual friend happened to be a relative. So I kept looking through different family members with the last name of "Wilder," or first names that were on my timeline. They all had the same mutual friend. I ended up on one of the sister's page and saw that her son was the mutual friend. The mutual friend was someone I knew from Hardin-Simmons. At this point,I knew that I had found my birth family. The family is too large for it to be a coincidence. I asked Aaron to message the mutual friend and ask him if he has an aunt named Charlotte (my birth mother). He replied yes and Aaron said to call him. They didn't talk for very long but the "mutual friend" confirmed that I looked a lot like his aunt. Through him, I have been able to talk to some of my "blood" family members. This December,I will even be able to meet a few of them, including my birth brother!
So it has been confirmed I was not picked from a "Cabbage Patch" Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment