Pages

August 22, 2011

Where's George?

Today I got at dollar bill at the self check out line at Wal-Mart. This story has you hooked already, I can tell. On the bill was stamped "track this bill. wheresgeorge.com" So I went to the website and entered the bill's information, such as the serial number and location as well as the story and condition of the bill:

I found it in a self check-out line at Wal-Mart. I was buying my fiance ice cream as a post-date dessert. The bill is straight with one crease in the middle. The top left corner is bent.

What I found out was "This bill has traveled 153 Miles in 238 Days, 7 Hrs, 12 Minutes at an average of 0.64 Miles per day.It is now 153 Miles from its starting location."

It started it's journey in Arlington at a Subway restaurant on December 27,2010. So that means that other people have used it and not tracked it. How depressing! Now curiosity got the best of me so I found out more about this website.

The site went live December 23, 1998. They used to sell stamps to mark the bills but they no longer do that. The whole point of the site is just for fun. It also offers various facts about money, stuff you could buy on it. I mean this site helps society in no way but that's okay. Sometimes you need to do things for no apparent reason.

Fifteen times is the most a bill has been entered. One guy sent out over one million one dollar bills and got a little over three hundred thousand hits. California is the state with the most participants.

I am debating whether or not I want to mark on a bill to go to wheresgeorge.com. Before you send it out you have to register it online but it is pretty simple.

Click here for the website

No comments:

Post a Comment