Pages

August 9, 2011

30 Seconds of Repetitive Bliss

Anyone who knows me know that I despise commercials. There are very few shows where I watch the whole thing because I always change the channel when a commercial comes on. Today I am going to feature four commercials that I actually miss.

This is an extended version of the commercial for HP ePrint:



Along with the baby's expressions throughout the whole thing, the song is surprisingly catchy. Melanie Safka from the album, Gather Me, produced in 1971, is the culprit with the unique voice. I listened to some of her other songs and I have to admit, at first I was not a fan;but, she is growing on me. Then again, I have been in a 1970's folk music phase. She was also one of the artists to play at Woodstock. I thought I heard one of her songs on Gilmore Girls but I have not found any evidence to prove that theory...yet.

Okay, moving on. This is a Starburst Commercial advertising their new Berries and Cream.



I love this commercial. In fact, I love this commercial so much, I am pretty sure I have blogged about it before. The starburst of this commercial's name is Jack Ferver and he even makes a video to instruct one on how to do the dance.
Click here to see how people have further waisted their time using this commercial.

Okay so this guy is still playing but apparently no one watches TV anymore cause not a lot of people have heard of it:



Okay I have looked and looked and I cannot find out who the actors are in this commercial. On my failed journey of finding information on this commercial, I saw some comments on youtube that says this commercial is racist because it is a black cop profiling a ghost.

This commercial depicts how I feel when someone hands me a Pepsi when I asked for a coke.



The little girl's name is Hallie Kate Eisenberg. She has been in other films such as Beautiful, How To Eat Fried Worms, and The Miracle Worker where she played Helen Keller.

No comments:

Post a Comment