Pages

January 18, 2015

From Geek to Glam

I love rearranging furniture, adding a new piece, or just improving my house. In fact, I've been doing this since I was eight. I would watch interior design shows and my mom would even let me decorate different rooms in the house.

was planning on making this post the start of a big project where I test a lot of pins from Pinterest out on my room.

As you can see my Dollar General curtains I got almost two years ago are no longer holding up. (There is a shocker). It was a temporary fix when we moved in and, well, temporary is relative. Curtains tend to add up, and being the frugal girl I am, I make a game out of finding good deals.

I found a pin on Pinterest where you can make curtains out of sheets:

However, unless you find $5 sheets (harder than it seems) it isn't really worth it. That being said, no pin tested today. I have started a fabulous makeover on my room, though. Here are some befores and afters.


Before 

After

I am not completely done with the makeover but I love how much brighter the room is, now. Also, look at the cool pattern of these sheets:


Also, look how much money I saved on this bedspread!



I love how the curtains and bedspread work together even if the blues don't match-up. 

My room is the 1980's geek that gets a makeover and everyone wants to be her friend!



Well she still has a long way to go until she is in the popular crowd. She is more at the point where she takes her glasses off and her hair down. Have I taken this metaphor too far? 

Please let me know if you have any pins you would like me to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment