Pages

August 26, 2013

First Day, First Black Eye (232-238)

Day 232



I finally decided on how I wanted to decorate my classroom door. I got Styrofoam balls, cut them in half, and painted them. I also got a Styrofoam cube, cut it up, and wrapped it up with burlap garland. The result is in another picture, but they are supposed to be hot-air balloons.

Day 233



A sweet choir member dropped off their Christmas tree for us to use at the party. It got me in the mood to decorate, but it ended up being more of a "deep clean the house" kind of day, rather than make it "Christmasy." I am pretty sure my house is messier than when I got started.



Later on, we took Lucy on her daily-ish walk and met another couple that takes their dog on a walk pretty regularly.

Day 234



This is the end result of my project on Tuesday. The quote "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

It was "meet the teacher" night so there was a lot of making sure the classroom is pretty and getting our information together for the parents.

Day 235



Us fifth grade teachers got together to make sure we had everything ready for next week. We also decided to go crazy and take the tables out of the room. Because all of fifth grade is together, we have to get creative on how we are going to do things. Let's see how this works out. We are trying to be progressive, but I think this might be thinking outside the box.

Day 236



One of the members of the community had a funeral today. A lot of people from different churches donated food and there was a great attendance at the funeral. I really like how the community comes together. Like the justice of the peace for Gaines county told us, once you are a part of this community, you are family.

Day 237



Today the ministerial alliance (different churches who get together once a month) had a prayer walk for all the schools. It is such a cool thing to see your principal and superintendent be active prayer warriors for the school. I also had people lay their hands on me and pray over me. It is such an indescribable feeling to have a bunch of people lay their hands on you and pray (even in other languages).

Day 238



So this is the end result of my first day. Just kidding, it went really well. Don't you think my black-eye is believable? It was a little chaotic, but we all (including the students) thought that not having tables was a terrible idea. One girl came up to me and even told me it wasn't working. So much for thinking outside of the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment