Pages

April 8, 2013

Steroids and Bunnies (Day 92-98)

This week's post comes with exciting news. Again, the news does not involve babies or pregnancy.

Day 92


Meet our resident baby bunny! He graces us with his presence before and after I get off work. He has gotten really used to us- it might help that my mother-in-law keeps feeding him.

Day 93


Every six weeks my class goes on a CBI (community based instruction) field trip. Today we went to Lowes, CiCi's, and Wal-Mart. Us teachers thought it would be a good idea to buy some water guns to use on the school's security officer. Unfortunately, the other assistant's husband warned him so we couldn't surprise him. That didn't stop him from vowing his revenge on us. He thought I was innocent but the other teachers decided they had to take me down with them.

Day 94


Today I went to Urgent Care for a bite on my arm by some unknown bug. The nurse at school thought it might be a Brown Recluse. I would look up to see if I actually spelled that right but I don't want to risk having to look at one. The doctor said that he couldn't tell what it was but said it was just a local infection since I wasn't showing other symptoms like vomiting or a fever. He got me a prescription for steroids but after seeing my discomfort at having to wait an hour before I could actually pick up my pills (I have a forty minute commute) he offered me a shot in the office. I psyched myself out to see a needle go through my arm, it ended up going in my hip, which is a much better option in my opinion.

Day 95


One of my favorite things is getting drawings/ little gifts from my students. They say you can tell a lot about someone by the way they draw. I think this just shows off her sweetness.

Day 96


Texas Tech's football team comes to Midland every spring for a scrimmage game. It is such a good idea because they have such a good fan base in Midland. It is also cost effective since it is just a day trip from Lubbock. I ended up getting sunscreen in my eye and no matter how many times I tried washing it out, it wouldn't get out. I was already sunburn from the game and then my eye was puffy and red. I am sure I resembled The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Day 97


I have some exciting news! Aaron and I went back for our third Sunday to lead worship at a church that is interested in us. The search committee has decided to present Aaron to the rest of the church as the recommended music minister for the church. The church will vote in a couple of weeks, to give everyone time to find out about it. Aaron will move out there as soon as the church approves and I will move out once the school year ends.

Day 98


The teachers have started a countdown for whenever school gets out. The problem is, if you are going to do a countdown, you better make sure you have the numbers right. Nothing is more depressing than thinking you have a certain number of weeks left and then coming in the next week and discovering it is the same amount of weeks as last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment