Pages

April 22, 2013

An American Tale: Hills Go West (105-111)

Day 105



Today the PTA decorated the teacher's lounge for me. I say it is for me because I fully believe I am the only one who actually eats in there; unless there is free food, of course.

Day 106



Today we had a police officer come speak to a general ed class one of my students goes to. He was talking about drugs and alcohol and the consequences of partaking in those substances, especially as a minor. He asked one of the students to come up and demonstrate what the cops would test to see if someone is drunk. He failed. He couldn't follow simple instructions and had a hard time counting to twenty.

Day 107



Aaron and I have been playing basketball after school for a couple of weeks now. Both of us just got to a point where we were tired of being couch potatos and this is a really fun way for us to get out of the house.

Day 108



I got to leave school early today, so Aaron and I went to a soda shop in Stanton. We have been wanting to go for a while, but by the time I get off work and drive home the shop is closed. We also went into Stanton's museum. All of the artifacts were donated from people who live in Stanton.

Day 109



Craft day! I spent all day making a card for my grandma's 80th birthday. Well, most of it was spent looking up different cards to make. I also made flowers out of toilet paper rolls because nothing says classy like bathroom art.

Day 110



Meet our new home! Today was very exciting for us because FBC in Seagraves voted unanimously on Aaron being the new music minister. This is a new chapter in our lives and I am excited to see what new adventure awaits us.

Day 111



The other assistant was gone this morning, so I had to fill in for her in art. I ended up drawing a page full of robots. One robot is "Disciplinator." She has numerous arms and eyes all around her head and snakes on her head that stun children if they are too much out of line. Let's just say that I don't enjoy being around the general ed students in art.

No comments:

Post a Comment