Pages

September 23, 2013

There is Such a Thing as a Stupid Question (260-266)

Day 260



I told this kids I would wear this hat in honor of Freedom Week and they held me to it! We learned about the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. I tried doing Readers' Theatre with the class and they loved it! I appointed a director and characters and let them go to town. They worked so hard! The classroom has two set of lights, so I selected a technician and she turned on the "stage lights" whenever the director was ready. It was such a great way for them to learn and they have been asking everyday when they are going to do it again. Finally something that works!

Day 261



Here is the newest addition to our household appliances! It is a hideaway typewriter. I have been wanting a typewriter this color for a long time and I am so excited to have it! Aaron picked it up and had it set up for me whenever I got home.

Day 262



Aaron had a "Singing Men of West Texas" concert in Stanton, so Lucy and I had a girls night in, (this picture was taken by Aaron whenever he got home).

Day 263



Today was like any other Friday. So here is a picture of a dragon. He thinks I am awesome.

Day 264



Aaron needs new contacts so I am in charge of driving long distances. We decided to go to Hobbs, NM just for the fun of it. Growing up in Central Texas, it is a nice change to be able to drive into another state in less than a day. Aaron didn't realize that being the passenger automatically puts you in charge of taking pictures for the blog so we missed a really cool sign that welcomed us into Hobbs. Here is a picture I took of a display in the movie theatre.

Day 265



I got put on nursery duty during the church's evening service. My phone quickly beat the baby dolls and talking books for best toy in the room award.

Day 266



The Gaines county police force is going to come and talk to the fifth graders once a month about drugs. They chose to use today as an opportunity for the students to ask any question they have ever wanted to ask a cop. Terrible idea. We got questions such as "if you are in a stakeout and you fart, will that blow your cover?" to "do you eat donuts in the morning when you have nothing better to do?" They did say any question.

No comments:

Post a Comment