Pages

September 30, 2013

Bertha Belches from Africa (267-273)

Day 267



Honestly, this is what most of my week looked like. I stayed until seven everyday trying to plan and get caught up on grades. The poor kids have had to put up with us constantly changing our schedule, but we are doing it for them. We kept the morning the same, but we decided to split the kids into three groups rather than just two so it is a lot more manageable. Initially, we had planned that each of us switch what we teach every week. For example, I would plan Social Studies every week but one week I might teach the science lesson that my co-teacher planned. It is a lot more time consuming planning for someone else; hence, this is why I am surrounded by technology.

At the end of the week, we decided that switching who is teaching what is a terrible idea, thank goodness.

Day 268



I am sorry you have to see what is essentially the same picture as the previous one. I told you this is what my week looked like. After rearranging furniture so every room has a set of computers and connecting all the wires and rearranging so everything could be connected, only one out of eight of our computers turn on. Today, I spent it putting some apps on all of the iPads. Well, I set it up to where whatever I put on one iPad would go on the others, but it took some time setting that up.

Day 269



Sorry for the lack of focus in this picture. My secret pal strikes again! I got a cup with Coca-Cola written in different languages and it was filled with Reeses. I also got a big ol' bottle of coke. I am well taken care of by my anonymous friend.

Day 270



Today, we had our first pep rally. I know this is super cheesy, but I teared up. I guess I was just overwhelmed with how blessed I am that God has put us here. We just feel so at home and it didn't take long for this community to feel like family. This time last year we couldn't find jobs, we couldn't afford groceries or our bills, and we were absolutely miserable because we knew that we were not where God wanted us to be. Who knew that just one year later both of us would be working in careers that have to do with our degrees and have so much joy because we are following God's plan. That is one of the huge things we learned our first year of marriage. It is ridiculous to follow our own plan and expect God to bless us. Following His plan has brought so much joy into our lives. Also, football makes me sentimental.

Day 271



I have not figured out how to balance working full-time and keeping my house from look inviting to cockroaches. I have tried to keep up with the laundry, but my husband pointed out that I have been using fabric softener as detergent! I was wondering why all of our clothes were losing color. Today was pretty easy. Aaron worked on clearing various drains and playing video games while I did laundry and watched YouTube videos. Typical Saturday. Although I hope to never get that far behind.

Day 272



Today was our first day of the revival our church is hosting. The evangelists and Aaron and I were invited over to the pastor's house after the evening service. We had such a great time talking about various experiences they have had on mission trips that we lost track of time and ended up getting home pretty late. The sweet lady who helps lead the music with her husband joked that you never know what time you are getting home when you hang out with evangelists.

Day 273



Along with it being revival week, it is also homecoming week. I don't mean to diminish the impact of the revival by just posting homecoming pictures, but I don't really have an opportunity to take pictures while I am supposed to be worshipping.

Today was "animation day." We were supposed to wear cartoon t-shirts. I wore a Superman shirt because one of our logos for Seagraves looks a lot like the Superman logo. Also Superman is awesome, or super, I guess.

Tomorrow is Nerd day, but you are going to have to wait until next week's blog to see my version of Amy Farrah Fowler.

No comments:

Post a Comment