Pages

June 10, 2013

Commontater (155-159)

Short post today! So here is a joke Aaron had to explain to me:

The big city reporter did not impress the Idaho potato farmer, after all he was just a commentator.

Day 155




I am a pretty good cook. I am really good at following recipes and I am good at improvising because I know what things taste good together; however, potatoes are my Achilles' heal. I have tried baked, mashed, fries, chips, soups, and even instant. They never turn out right. Well, my friends I am overly-proud to say that I have made the perfect baked potato. This household is now going to have "Potato Thursdays" every week.


Day 156



Aaron and I went into another town to buy groceries from a store we received a gift card for from the pounding the church gave us. Because the store was just built, it didn't show up on our maps and we thought we would have to drive into New Mexico. Fortunately we found it along the way and I think I am going to be a regular costumer there. Using the gift card, we got over a week's worth of groceries for $26.

Day 157



After a day of lounging around, Aaron and I got a visit from a Kirby salesman. We got a free air freshener and clean carpets out of the deal. We have a Kirby from the '50's that the salesman took pictures of. I gave them some tea. I am not really sure what the protocol is but it seemed polite, especially since they cleaned my carpet for an hour and I had no intention of buying a $1400 vacuum.

Day 158



Aaron, the puppy, and I had fun in the backyard. We played "rushing the passer" where Aaron and I would try to throw the ball before Lucy touched us. She was running back and forth, trying to catch that football. We wore her out.

Day 159



After all the excitement yesterday, my phone decided she didn't want to come inside. She wanted to spend the night outside watching the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment