Pages

February 3, 2013

Death by Volcano (29-35)

Day 29

Little did I know that playing the cat's version of "Laser Tag" in the morning was foreshadowing the events of today. In short, I was the cat and almost all of my students had giant laser lights I was chasing all over the school. I had to run after a couple of my students and convince a stubborn girl to throw her food away in the trash can. After ten minutes, my stubborness won out, but I still had to vacuum up the rest, which was sticky rice and somehow all over the classroom. This was after I just finished cleaning up the milk one of my other kids spilt all over the carpeted floor. Four of the students can't handle being in the cafeteria because of the crowd, so they stay in the classroom with me. It is usually an adventure just to get them to eat. Long story short, I definitely earned my paycheck today.

Day 30

Today, we had the largest we ever had in our preschool class- a grand total of four! The kids learned the song "Amazing Grace" and went over the songs we learned in the previous weeks. I am so impressed by how much they retain from week to week, and they all know so much about the bible already. We were talking to them about what it means to sin and were trying to think of sins that were relatable to them. We asked if they ever got in trouble with their parents to which they reluctantly replied yes. One girl stood up and said that she gets in trouble "a lot!" Aaron's intention was for them to stand facing the wall and with their right and left hand indicate which pitch from the xylophone is louder or softer, higher or lower. The plans had to be altered a little once it was realized that preschoolers don't know left from right.

One of the kids, the one who gets in trouble a lot, joined us in the adult choir afterwards. Whenever the choir stood up, she would come sit in the chair behind me. I would move, she would move; I would move again, she would move again. Needless to say, we were both too giggly for me to actually participate in the singing.

Day 31

Three years ago, Aaron asked me to be his girlfriend. The funny thing about it was I decided that day that I was going to give him two weeks to ask me, otherwise I was going to become all modern and ask him myself. Apparently, my brain is very persuasive. At the time, I had no clue I would become his wife. I wouldn't have dated him if it wasn't a possibility and it really didn't take too long for me to realize he was the one. Now, he is my best friend and we are learning how to do this whole "growing-up" thing together. We are going to celebrate Saturday but today I wanted an excuse to get a treat so naturally I got a "Happy Birthday" cupcake. So "Happy birthday" to Aaron and Chelsea's love.

Day 32

Friday, we ate at a Chinese restaurant that we've been talking about visiting for forever. The inside of the building looked like it used to be a seafood restaurant. The walls were painted to make you feel like you were eating on a boat and they even had pictures up of boats. Either they didn't feel like redecorating whenever they bought it from a seafood restaurant or they were going for a "chinese-seafood restaurant" feel. By the way the count for the amount of times I said "restaurant" is four. If you are upset about my repetitiveness, here is a link for different words I could have used. You can mentally replace "restuarant", if you so desire.

Afterwards we went to Wal-Mart for "a few things". Here is a picture of Aaron making fun of an advertisement for lipstick, or a lip-stretching service. I'm not sure:

What do you think? Pretty close, right?

Day 33

Aaron had planned for us to go to Monahans to adopt a puppy from an animal shelter and then go to a park and have a picnic. He is so romantic. Their website made it seem like they were really legitament but whenever we got there, it was in a trailor and the person we were supposed to meet slept in. Also, they didn't have as many puppies as they claimed to have on their website. A little disappointed, we went to Odessa to look at their animal shelter. On their website, they said they were open until noon on Saturdays. Nope, they aren't open at all. So we ate at Chicken Express and watched G
roundhog Day.
I still have yet to see that whole movie. Not giving up, we went to a shelter in Midland and found out that there will be Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies up for adoption on Thursday. Aaron is going to have to pick up the puppies without me because I will still be at work by the time they close.

Day 34

This is the first year I actually got to watch the Superbowl with my hubby! Aaron always has done some rushing/ pledging thing with his fraternity. This is also the first year in four years I haven't been asked to lead at a d-now. It is also the first year in a long time that I have been able to watch the entire game because I am usually traveling from Austin to Abilene. This won't be a long post because I am not going to pretend to know anything about football. I will say that this is the first half-time show in a long time that I actually enjoyed. I am not a big pop fan but Beyonce is amazing.

Day 35

This is a picture one of my special ed. kids drew for me. It is a picture of a volcano erupting and killing me. Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment