Pages

September 28, 2014

'Twas the Night Before Homecoming Week

The day came where the sheet that told you what you must wear to show school spirit was passed out. I explained to the students what the different days meant and then lined them up to be dismissed for the day. It was so fun talking to the other teachers what we could do for different days, figuring out how far out of dress code we could go, and if mustaches should be involved.

Then comes the night before the first day of dressing goofy. 

Many thoughts go through my head: 

What if I get the days mixed up?
What if I am the only teacher to dress up? 
I wonder if I could dress normal? 
Should I bring a change of clothes just in case? 
I am going to be the one person to take this too far.

Am I the only one to get ridiculously nervous to dress up for homecoming week? It is all fun and games until you actually have to go through with it. 

This  kind of reminds me of a couple years ago on my birthday you could get free food at Chic-fil-a for dressing up like a cow. I was so excited. Aaron and I worked really hard on our trash bag costume. He didn't really want to do it but he was a sport to go through with it, anyway. We got ready, took the obligatory facebook picture and headed that way. As soon as we got within a mile of the establishment, I was willing to forget the whole thing and pay for food somewhere else. Aaron made us go through with it and I didn't melt even though we saw people we knew. 


When I was in ninth grade, someone told me they liked how I didn't care what clothes were cool to wear. Well, to them I say I did care, I just wasn't very good at it. And to you reading this, I shall be school spirited and wear goofy clothing because that apparently is how to show you support your school. Just know that I would rather be wearing my plain, unfashionable clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment