Pages

October 5, 2014

The Knighted Beatle

Last May, Aaron found me weeping in the bathtub essentially throwing a full on tantrum.  Why? Well I happened to catch on the radio that Paul McCartney was coming to Lubbock in June. 

I mentioned this to Aaron, and he somehow thought I figured out that he was going to try to find tickets for our anniversary. To be honest, I had no idea and didn't think we stood a chance to get tickets. He joined the fan club to buy pre-order tickets and the website wouldn't accept any of our email addresses. 

So I went from being excited beyond belief to being way disappointed. ( Hence, the grown-up tantrum in a bathtub.) It's a good thing Aaron is blinded by love because that display wasn't the most flattering.

Fast foward to two weeks before our anniverary; I accidentally found Paul McCartney tickets in the place I usually hide gifts. We seriously cannot keep secrets from each other. I wanted Aaron to feel like he still surprised me so I planned on keeping that a secret. Whenever I saw him, that plan was thrown out because I couldn't stop smiling. Again, secrets cannot be kept in this house. 

Fast foward again to anniversary weekend. Paul McCartney got sick and had to postpone the concert. (No, I responded like a grown-up and didn't throw myself in the bathtub). 

Fast foward one last time (sorry about all this time travel) to last week. We were so excited because on Saturday, we would finally get to go to the concert of our lifetime. Thursday during lunch, Aaron tells me we have a problem. The concert isn't on Saturday, it is tonight. If Aaron hadn't happened to have the radio on to the right station at the right time in his two minute commute from the church to the house, we would have gone to Lubbock on Saturday expecting Paul McCartney and would have ended up having another bathtub temper tantrum. 

While we were driving, trying to find a parking space, I kept seeing these motorcycle cops passing us. I start to realize there is a reason for all of these. In slow motion I turn my head to see a black SUV with a window rolled down with PAUL MCCARTNEY passing by and waving! I would have driven up to Lubbock just for that two second experience.

The whole night was perfect! We found a parking spot right next to the building. We were pretty close to the front door whenever it opened. We got to join thousands of other fans singing at the top of their lungs to all of his songs. He was so entertaining, funny, and full of so many stories from the past. He sounded like he did when he was in his twenties. It was so much fun that there were three encores! 

I really wish I was more eloquent with my words so that I could truly paint a picture for you. All I can say is this is a concert that my grandchildren will get annoyed with hearing all the time. Both Aaron and I grew up listening to The Beatles so this was a dream come true. 




No comments:

Post a Comment