Pages

July 8, 2013

Two Pennyworth of Beautiful Soup(182-188)

Stacks of cards, six practice tests, over a thousand pages studied, countless study sessions, and a supportive husband have lead to passing two tests that stood in the way of me becoming a certified teacher. I put a lot of pressure on myself by waiting until I got hired to even take the tests. I put even more pressure on myself for scheduling the tests one week apart from each other. I found the results for the PPR two days after taking it but it took five days to find out about the Generalist. I think this is because I took the Generalist July 3rd and everyone was on holiday. The pressure of the tests is finally over and I actually uttered the words "I should go shopping for groceries but I think I am just going to watch TV all day."

Day 182



Today, one of my eggs exploded while I was hard-boiling them. I named it Repunzel.



Aaron also serenaded the whole town of Seagraves while I was grilling outside.

Day 183



After taking the generalist, I went to Lowes to get some flowers for my garden. I think they turned out pretty great!

Day 184



Every year, Hardin-Simmons' Cowboy Band plays at Stamford fair and rodeo. Alumni and incoming freshmen are invited to play, so it is a great way to keep the traditions of the CBB alive. I enjoy going because I love rodeos.

Day 185



Today we played tourist in Abilene by going to the zoo and Prime Time, which is a family entertainment center. Both Aaron and I used to work at Prime Time so it was weird going back as customers. We also got to meet up with one of my best friends from college and her baby, Lily.

Day 186



Aaron's grandparents live close to Abilene so we usually stay with them when we are in town. Aaron's grandfather is a retired farmer, so we usually end up with an abundance of vegetables. Today's collection included peppers, corn, and onions. We also got a chance to see my in-laws new house that should be finished within a couple of weeks.

Day 187



Aaron had his first major program as a music minister. The music focused on worship songs composed by Americans. It turned out really well and I am so proud of how well he organized and lead the choir.

Day 188



We had plumbers come to work on our kitchen pipes. The pipes were filled with rust so they needed to be replaced. We celebrated their hard work by observing the water go down the sink quickly. It is the little things in life.



One of our church members dropped by and gave us a zucchini from his garden. It's huge! I am going to have to find a soup recipe for all these vegetables I have accumulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment