Pages

May 13, 2013

Root, Root, Root for the Other Guys (126-132)


Day 126



The Rockhounds, local baseball team of Midland who is affiliated with the As, was hosting a "safety and game day" for schools around the Midland area. They were playing the Riders (affiliated with the Rangers) so I promised Aaron I would go against baseball's anthem and root for the non-home team. The kids had a great time and the only people to get sunburns were the teachers. Who knew that taking a Scotch-Irish girl into the sun would her into a lobster?

Day 127



Someone wrote 'Jesus loves you!' on the chalkboard in the classroom I teach preschool choir. It reminds me of when I was in elementary school we had to be sat down and told that although they really like us spreading the word of the gospel, bathroom graffiti is not the way they want us to accomplish it. "Christian school problems."

Day 128



We took the kids to the driving range along with the high school Life Skills class our students will eventually go to. The kids loved meeting their future teachers and they got along well with the older kids. Only one kid got hit with a ball and no one used the clubs as weapons so all in all I would say it was a good day.

Day 129



Lucy decided to bring me an early "mother's* day" present. Awww?

Day 130



Today was a work day at the church. A group of about ten of us planted this garden in the morning. It was really neat seeing all the "tricks" some of the farmers used. For example, they put watered down glue over the mulch to prevent the wind from blowing it away. I am definitely going to have to ask for help once I get around to planting a garden at my house so it can survive the West Texas climate.

Day 131



Today was baby dedication for three little ones. I am sure the pastor had a fun time looking at the congregation as we made faces at the babies sitting on the front row. Before that the pastor had the children pass out carnations to all the moms. One little girl tried to hand one to me but Aaron whispered (yelled) that I am not a mom so I got jipped of a flower. I still appreciate flowers.

Day 132



The Midland Children's Rehab Center threw a dance recital and one of my students was in the jungle-themed show. I was planning on just being a supportive audience member but that turned into being a volunteer to help change and manage the children. I did manage to sneak off to watch the numbers my kid was in.


*I really don't think I am a mother because I own a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment