Pages

June 22, 2011

Cockroaches Keep Me on a Diet

So yesterday I went on and on about my hatred for cockroaches. I am not really sure where this irrational fear came from. I used to love bugs. I was such a tomboy as a child. I collected rolly pollies and crickets. I remember in fourth grade we had a African Hissing Cockroach as a class pet. I also had an awful teacher in fourth grade so maybe I associate them with authoritarian teaching styles. That in itself is scary.

I really wasn't planning on writing a blog today but I found a dead one in my kitchen and I couldn't stay in there knowing it existed at one point. So I ran off to the library to kill time before going to work tonight. At this point I am really hating living alone. Honestly I think I would do really well on my own, if it wasn't for bugs. Bugs make me dependent on anyone who isn't as lame as I am.

I don't know how I am going to go to sleep at night knowing they are crawling in the walls of my house.

Today I watched Freedom Writers. I love movies like that. It always inspires me to become an amazing teacher. I don't know if I want to be so involved it hurts my relationship at home. Don't get me wrong, I think what she did was very noble and inspiring but there has to be a line drawn to protect the relationships at home. On the other hand I think Dempsy's character should have been more understanding. Obviously the first years for a teacher are going to be time consuming. That should be part of the wedding vows when teachers are getting married. "I promise to love, honor, and cherish you for better and for worse, and to stick with you even if you are going crazy from teaching."

No comments:

Post a Comment