Pages

November 9, 2010

With Every Season...

With the risk of sounding like every other college student out there, I feel like I am in this perpetual state of sleepiness. I am sleeping a regular 6-8 hours every night so I am not entirely sure why. I guess college is just meant to be exhausting, which is probably why the average age of college students is between 18-22 years of age..That and the whole going right out of high school thing. I got my schedule for next semester (three reading, an education, and an elementary music class). I only have a year and a half left and than I have to actually look for a real career. That terrifies me. Okay, this blog is really making me sound like a normal college student, which is something I try to avoid at all costs. Wait.... wanting to be different than everyone else is what everyone else is trying to do too! Oh no!! I am actually normal?! What has college done to me?

After I graduate from college, I will no longer be dependent on my parents. At all and that terrifies me as well. Okay, as I am typing this I realize that there is a verse that covers all of this anxiousness I am feeling. So before I carry on....
Matthew 6: 25-34
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?



“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Sometimes I get annoyed when people throw bible verses at me. (You aren't allowed to get offended, this is my blog...I say what I want and I want to be honest).  I appreciate the thought because verses can really help but it is also good to talk about what you are going through.

Basically, I read this verse, and I have read it before, but I need to really believe it. I believe what it says is true but actually applying it to my life is the difficult part. I am on the verge/ have been in the midst of a whole lot of change. If you know me at all, you know that I appreciate the consistency in my life and I struggle every time there is change. So it is something I need to pray about/ need prayer on- being content wherever God puts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment