Pages

November 3, 2010

Advice from 4th graders

Last year a graduate from Hardin-Simmons who now teaches at Wylie had her students become pen pals with some college students. It was a big hit so she is doing it again and my reading class got chosen. So here are four letters filled with advice from Wylie fourth graders (no editing will be added). 

Dear Future Teacher,

When you are a teacher I hope you are nice to your studetns like our teacher is. I don't think you should give homework on Wednesdays. I think that you shold make learning fun like instead of paper use dry erase boardsto save trees, and it's fun. I also think that if you are teaching for 4th grade you should make recess for 30 min instead of 20 min. I hope you will be a lot like our teachers. You have to have an open mind. I think you should teach science because I think your students will not be bored.
Your friend,
Will

Dear future teacher,

Hi. I love to write letters. I have blond hair and I have Blue eyes. My favorite color is lime green. I think if you want to be a teacher you should be creative, fun, and nice. You should give homework that isn't that hard though. Try to be so so nice and fun. I hope you will be a great teacher! If a teacher was not nice I would not like it. In my class we have 22 students! Make your room fun and your students will like your roo alot. I love teachers that are nice. When I grow up I hope I can be a teacher! My teacher is very nice. Her name is Mrs. Smith.
Love,
Mae

Dear Future Teacher,

Here are something you would need to know about teaching. First you need to decide what grade you want to teach. If you are giong to teach a grade with two class or more class you have to choose what you want to teach. You can teach Language arts, Science, Spelling, Writing, Math, Reading, and Social studies. I am in 4th grade and my home room is Language Arts, Science, spelling, and writing. Then my second class is Math. Then my last class is reading and social studies. You also need a class room theme. You also need to pick what school you are goign to teach at. Here are some room themes Dots and animals. there is some theme but I don't want to write that many things.

Your Pal,
Lauren

Dear Future Teacher,

Whut is it like at colige. i bet it is hard rele hard. how many students (?) you have. do you want some adzice if they gret loude turn off the fights then wait. pass out home work if you get a pramethian do a lot of fun things on it

your frinde,
Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment